Just when everyone thought Nikon had fallen behind in bringing out competitive products, the announcement of Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Digital Camera and the new Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens altered the photography landscape dramatically.
On the one hand, Nikon NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct Lens with its ultra-fast speed with incredible optics once again proved that Nikon still had incredible know-how and innovation to introduce a lens that could possibly the best photography lens in the world, on the other, Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Digital Camera, an APSC sensor camera that is designed for the Vlogger and entry-level photographers that is priced under $1000 with a kit lens that can deliver quality at an affordable price.
Nikon Z 50 is a DX-format mirrorless camera that both super compact, lightweight and easy to use, for those who want to use it for travel, street photography or simply photograph their families and every day. It has 20.9MP DX CMOS sensor and EXPEED 6 engine taunted as Nikon’s smallest interchangeable lens DX-format camera to date.
This mirrorless camera incorporates Z-mount design to allow both the use of many already established lenses from Nikon’s lineup via an adapter and the two new lenses, NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens and the NIKKOR Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR Lens. These two lenses although not fast cover an impressively wide focal range for photographers getting started with Nikon mirrorless.
Nikon Z 50 packs the latest technologies from Nikon’s top of the line cameras like the EXPEED 6 image processor, which enables fast performance up to 11 fps, a reliable 209-point hybrid AF system with eye detection, and notable low-light performance to ISO 51200.
It is also designed to serve as a capable Vlogging camera featuring UHD 4K recording up to 30 fps along with Full HD recording at up to 120 fps for slow-motion playback. The flip-down screen on the back serves nicely as a monitor to view handheld shots for those who like to capture content for social platforms. For those who have no idea how to edit those video clips, Nikon has thoughtfully incorporated in-camera clip trimming, and 20 Creative Picture Controls and 10 Special Effects settings help to bring those images to the world via built-in Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity.
- 20.9MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 6 Image Processor
- UHD 4K and Full HD Video Recording
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
Nikon Z 50’s body design compact and sleek to provide easy handling without needing extensive gimbal or rig setups to deliver performance at a lightweight. On the back, a high-resolution 2.36m-dot OLED EVF benefits working outdoors under bright conditions with clear eye-level viewing and the 3.2″ rear touchscreen LCD has a 180° flip-down design that is perfect for selfies.
The magnesium alloy body of the Nikon Z 50 is weather-sealed to protect against moisture, dust and external elements. Internally, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth work in conjunction with the Nikon SnapBridge app for wirelessly transferring photos and videos and remotely controlling the camera from your mobile device.
Body Design and Connectivity
- A large 3.2″ 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and
liveview shooting. The screen has a 180° flip-under tilting design, which benefits front-facing selfie captures, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a 1.02x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image.
- Single SD memory card slots support up to the UHS-I protocol for quickly storing
photoand video files.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both
dust– and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enable communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Included EN-EL25 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge, and in-camera charging is supported when using the optional EH-73P charging AC adapter.
As many ASPC size cameras are inching higher and higher in the number of pixels, Nikon Z 50 maintains a respectable 20.9MP to provide 11 frames per second of shooting for more than ample quality for posting on social media and online.
Again, the number of hybrid autofocus points are steadily climbing to yield better and better results, and Nikon Z 50 delivers a decent a 209-point hybrid autofocus system that uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection to quickly acquire focus for both stills and video applications. The autofocus system also supports Eye Detection AF, which uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects’ eyes.
Nikon Z 50 delivers a clean video for immediate posting on social platforms and Youtube recording at up to 30 fps in UHD 4K and 120 fps at Full HD for slow-motion effects. Vloggers can rest assured that the memory card can handle the footage without the need to record externally and in-camera editing can be done without needing to download footage.
For those who want to record long monologues, there is the optional external recorder option available via HDMI output with a dedicated microphone jack for an external microphone.
Other Camera Features
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you combine several exposures into one frame for creative effects.
- Special Effects Modes: Night Vision; Super Vivid, Pop, Photo Illustration, Toy Camera Effect, Miniature Effect, Selective Color, Silhouette, High Key, and Low Key.
- Creative Picture Controls: Dream, Morning, Pop, Sunday, Somber, Dramatic, Silence, Bleached, Melancholic, Pure, Denim, Toy, Sepia, Blue, Red, Pink, Charcoal, Graphite, Binary, and Carbon.
- In-Camera Image Editing: Distortion Control, D-Lighting, Image Overlay, NEF (RAW) Processing, Perspective Control, Quick Retouch, Red-eye Correction, Resize, Side-by-Side Comparison, Straighten, Trim, and Trim Movie.
- Language Support: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
The new Nikon Z 50 can be purchased as a body only but yields the best value when bought with a kit with the DX 16-50mm lens that is about $100 more than the body alone. There is also the option to buy both kit lenses to cover a wide range of focal lengths which will prove 16-50mm and 50-250mm
Overall, Nikon Z 50 provides a respectable value for anyone who wants to buy a camera that can do much more than their smartphones could ever do. It is best suited for those who want to do vlogging and photography at the same time. A wide range of lenses that is available from Nikon ensures that more than ample supply of high-quality optics is available for those who want to upgrade their lenses for faster primes or zooms.
Where to Buy Nikon Z50
Here are the links to buy Nikon Z 50 at the best possible price. Also, there are links to other Nikon cameras such as Nikon Z6 and Nikon Z7 that are selling at an incredible discount at this time. I invite you to visit these links to learn about their specs and prices.
Learn Specs & More:
Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Camera (body only): https://bhpho.to/2MsOUBU
Nikon Z 50 Camera + 16-50mm: https://bhpho.to/311Euyx
Nikon Z 50 Camera + 16-50mm + 50-250mm lens kit: https://bhpho.to/2IJgJ86
For the best prices on Nikon Z Cameras (AMAZING DISCOUNTS):
Nikon Z 7 Mirrorless Camera: https://bhpho.to/2mfkFVG
Nikon Z 7 Mirrorless Camera (USED): https://ebay.to/2kIHGjo
Nikon Z 6 Mirrorless Camera: https://bhpho.to/2mffSUd
Nikon Z 6 Mirrorless Camera (USED): https://ebay.to/2mg9xIb
New Lenses for Nikon Z 50 camera:
Nikon Nikkor Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens: https://bhpho.to/2M8SHF
Nikon Nikkor Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR Lens: https://bhpho.to/2nAgkgH
GREAT Z Lenses for Nikon Z Cameras (BEST USED & NEW LINKS):
Nikon NIKKOR Z 24mm Lens: https://bhpho.to/2kK6wPJ
Nikon Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S Lens: https://bhpho.to/2kd0yGU
Nikon Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S Lens (USED): https://ebay.to/2katuzg
Nikon Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S Lens: https://bhpho.to/2lP8DlB
Nikon Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S Lens (USED): https://ebay.to/2kKvbDZ
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens: https://bhpho.to/2kf133f
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens (USED): https://ebay.to/2m80gBJ
Nikon Nikkor Z 35mm f/1.8 S Lens: https://bhpho.to/2kk081G
Nikon Nikkor Z 35mm f/1.8 S Lens (USED): https://ebay.to/2lOrH3z
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens: https://bhpho.to/2lRK9bi
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/4 S Lens (USED): https://ebay.to/2lRXQqG
Best Price for Other Vlogging Cameras:
More Affordable Camera Alternatives to Nikon Cameras:
uji XT3: https://bhpho.to/2MPSUz7
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K: https://bhpho.to/2NCW9cM
To Get the Best Deal on Sony A6600: https://bhpho.to/32eDnfI
To Get the Best Deal on Fuji XT3: https://bhpho.to/2MPSUz7
For Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K: https://bhpho.to/2NCW9cM
Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H Camera: https://bhpho.to/2zpn9UT
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K: https://bhpho.to/2LdaklX
You can find some GREAT BARGAINS on USED & NEW
Sony A6500: https://ebay.to/2khMoEC
Fuji XT-3: https://ebay.to/2PDe9WU
To Find Out the Lowest Price for Panasonic Gh5 Camera: https://ebay.to/345zaN6